Denton Public Schools - Home of the Trojans
Denton was named for two brothers named Dent, stockmen who owned the land on which the original townsite was located. "Dent" was considered too short a name for a town, so it was changed to Denton.
Harry Dent was appointed postmaster when the office opened in 1888. (from Cheney's Names on the Face of Montana, Mountain Press Publishing Company) Denton is a small farming community north of Lewistown along Montana State Highway 81.
Found in the heartland of Judith Basin near Dry Wolf Creek, it is now one of the top dryland farm and cattle production communities in the state. (photos courtesy of Angela Phelps)
Denton Booster Club Track Meet
Denton vs. Tri-Cities
Denton Football vs. Hysham 9.1.12
Denton Volleyball vs. Broadview 9.1.12
Photos courtesy of Angela Faith Phelps